Saturday 24 April 2010

NEXT COLLECTION...





AZTEC.AFRICAN.CROCHET.

I have been doing research and sketches on these three styles and I cant wait to make them! Fun!
I have no idea how I merged these concepts together but I find all the historical and design ideas for these styles so interesting.. maybe I should put up a brief history about each...dunno we will see.




Whilst researching I stumbled on this ole thing..

Remember this?



"The breakthrough was made by Sir Magnus Larchwood in south-west Africa. In 1923 he discovered a species called the moquette (a relation of the meerkat) that had checked fur in a variety of striking colours, notably orange, purple, blue and brown. A trade in the moquette was set up and Tubes were furbished with their hides. "



I dont know if I agree with this statement,firstly as there is no such thing as a Moquette animal. I personally believe it was inspired by the African cloth...do you think?

BUT
I'd better get cracking with my crochet stuff..zeke is doing it granny style


No comments:

Post a Comment